1. Printer – You must have at least 1 printer to proceed with the installation.
u220b: Dot matrix type of printer, it prints from a paper with a size 76mm.
82x: is a thermal type of printer, it can print from thermal paper with a size 80mm.
2. POS Device – You must have at least 1 POS device to proceed with the installation.
Tablet: Lenovo tablet (this is good for clients who want to easily move their pos from one place to another.)
Sunmi: POS device that is stationary. Bigger and Heavier than POS tablet and iMIN.
iMin: This is a POS device that is lighter than Sunmi, but slightly bigger than a tablet. This is stationary as well.
3. Cash Drawer: is a secure compartment at a cash register or POS system in a business or retail setting. It stores and organizes cash and other payments, with separate compartments for different currency denominations. Equipped with a lock and key, it ensures security. It can also connect to a POS system for automated opening and closing during transactions.
4. Router (TP-link): A TP-Link router connects devices to the internet, directing traffic and managing data transmission. It offers wireless connectivity, parental controls, guest network access, and advanced security options for better performance and protection.
5. Lan cable RJ45: Used to connect router, printer, and POS Device
6. Rj11 cable connected to Cash drawer: Used to connect the cash drawer to the printer.
Let's start installing.
1. Connect the power cable that came with your TP Link router and connect it to an electrical outlet to turn it on.
2. Connect Printer to TP link Router via Lan Cable (end to end)
3. Connect the Cash Drawer to the Printer using the included RJ11 cable (Flat wire attached to the bottom of the cash drawer)
4. Connect POS on TP-Link Wi-Fi (you can see your Wi-Fi name and password at the back of TP-link router)
5. Connect the power cable to your printer and connect it to an electrical outlet.
6. This is how the set up should look like. Lan cables must be connected to the router as well as the power cables needs to be connected as well to the power source.