To connect the POS to the printer, we need to first configure the router during hardware setup. This will allow the POS to print the necessary documents such as Kitchen Order Tickets (KOT), Bills, Official Receipts (OR), Void Slips, and X & Z-Reads.
When do we need to configure our router?
- During the installation of the POS in the store.
- If the printer is not printing automatically.
Configuring the router involves 2 major Process.
1st Process is to configure the TP-Link wireless router.
2nd Process is to configure the IP Address in LAN Settings.
Let us now start!
Process 1: Configuring the TP-Link wireless router.
1. Turn on TP-link router by plugging in the power adaptor.
2. Connect to TP-link Wi-Fi.
3. You will see the WIFI name and PASSWORD at the back of the device. Connect your laptop or Android/IOS device.
4. Once connected, open Google Chrome app and type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar, then press enter.
5. Enter the default credentials:
Then click “Log In”.
6. After logging in, you will be prompted to change the password. For simplicity, we recommend to just enter “admin”. Then, click “Start”.
7. Go to “Quick Setup” on the upper left portion of the interface.
8. Click “Next”.
9. Select WISP (wireless internet service provider).
10. Click Next.
11. Select Dynamic IP (Most common option)
13. Select your WIFI/Hotspot where you want to connect, then click “Connect”.
and hit “connect”.
14. Enter your WIFI/Hotspot password on the “Wireless Password” field.
15. Click Next.
16. Scroll down to the bottom part of the page and click “Finish”.
17. Wait for the router to reboot or restart, and wait until it goes to 100%.
Note: After the reboot is completed, you will be disconnected from the WiFi network.
18. Reconnect to the TP-Link Wi-Fi.
Process 2: Configuring the IP Address in LAN Settings
1. Make sure your are connected to the TP-Link WiFi.
Open the Google Chrome app and type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar and press enter.
2. Enter the
or the password you nominated earlier if you changed the default.
Then, click “Log-in”.
3. Go to Network on the upper left corner of the interface.
4. Click LAN and change the default IP address.
5. Replace the default with the details below.
IP Address: 172.21.20.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
6. Click “Save”.
7. Click OK on this pop-up notification.
8. The system will reboot.
9. After the reboot, your router is now fully configured to work with your Mosaic POS.